Thursday, July 3, 2008

Indirect Fighting Tactics

I liked how the book showed all the different fighting tactics. There are a couple of different tactics. Nonconfrontation, which includes humor or teasing, Direct Fighting, which shows hostility and rejects, and Indirect Fighting, which includes topic shifts, defensiveness, and evasive remarks. I think, and I am sure my husband would agree that I use indirect fighting tactics with him. I think most girls do because this kind of fighting includes a lot of attitude. The famous “Whatever” statement is infamous with me. I am learning though to more direct, not defensive, and talk out the issues then letting emotions get in the way.

1 comment:

jdmINT said...

Hi Caligirl/lyrical love,

It is funny how couples have different fighting tactics. I, too, find that I get a defensive posture when arguing with my hubby. I like to be able to make my point and then that be the end of the converstation (lol). Being able to talk directly about things without heightened emotions does indeed help the situation. I think looking at things from a logical perspective brings clarity into a disagreement.